Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Chicken Recipe

I am a fan of cooking, and my boyfriend and as well as friends and his ginormous teammates are a fan of eating, especially eating something I've cooked. Recently I cooked a chicken dish my mom and grandma taught me, it is fairly easy, and it tastes as if I was back in my good ole country of Brazil. AH-MAH-ZING!

I've gotten a few requests for the recipe, so I decided I would post it on my blog, since I never actually given you guys a recipe before..... so here it goes.... Let's cook some chicken yall....


Chicken Recipe:

You'll need:

Bone-in chicken
Sliced garlic
Vegetable oil
Salt
Mixed sliced vegetables
(carrots, julianne, onions, parsley… etc)
Knorr or Goya Original Chicken seasoning ( in cubes)
(see pic below)



You will need a large pot/pan

Turn your stove top on to MED-HIGH,
Add a thin layer of vegetable oil so it covers the bottom of the
Sliced up some fresh garlic, and let it sizzle in the vegetable oil
When garlic starts to sizzle throw 1 block of the Knorr Chicken seasoning
And allow that to dissolve in the pot with the garlic 
(you can move the Knorr around to help it dissolve faster)

Remove all the extra skin from the bone-in chicken
Sprinkle some salt around the chicken and throw it all in the pot.
(it should make a “frying” noise, as the outside is cooking rapidly by the hot oil)
Let it sizzle in the pot for a bit, to catch some color, flip it over and let it sizzle some more.

When you notice outside layer of the chicken looks as if it cooked,
Add 2 cups of water.
Throw in your vegetables, sliced onions.. etc.
Let it all mix in…..

Cover the pot with a lid.

Let the chicken cook for 20-30 minutes,
Or 
until all water has evaporated and only little is left at the bottom of the pot


And its ready……..
At this moment you should have a nicely cooked and seasoned chicken
In your home made chicken broth and mixed veggies…..

And it is ready to serve……. 
Try adding the broth to your rice,
hmmmm tastes so good,
I get hungry thinking of it.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment