Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Full Load Drama Spa

Question: What are hair salons and barbershops most common for, besides their services?
Answer: DRAMA, a full load of drama!




It's not only on fiction movies, but it really is FACT! The drama and gossips inside of salons have been around for ages, it goes down in any place that the beauty process occurs.... from your illegal basement salon in some one's house to the most luxurious expensive hair salons on 5th ave. There is drama in all of them, its just a place for drama to be stored and circulate.. and it makes me wonder why drama and gossip so high in salons and barbershop?

Recently [[2 months ago]] I got a job working as a Receptionist at an Upscale Salon in Georgetown
What I thought would be a great fit for me, since I'm only here for 1 more semester,
because well...  pay is decent, its a fun field and the perks of working at a spa makes it worth-it-all
[[I get free nails and hair services ]]

But as I get drowned in my job, I started to realize I am are not just a receptionist
you are the GO-TO GIRL for drama, and gossips and attitude problems.
You have to hear it from everyone,

The clients..
The employees...
The maintenance people...
On-Lookers...
Sales calls....
etc.....
\
And you know what? Its exhausting, in all areas.
I'm sick and tired, there are days I work 11 hour shifts
I cant be the handy dandy girl to every one's problems
So when a attitude spazzes out in the salon,
I am the first to hear it and the last one too.

Then we have the bi-lingual professionals, who speaks about it in another language
to each other, right in front of you.
And the professionals who have a semi-friendship with their clients,
who takes the client in another room, to gossip on the
" new happenings on the salon and who annoys them the most"


The point is, I know I work with "artists" and they all carry themselves differently, and the salon is a melting pot of diversity and attitudes. But why does it affect me? when all I do is sit behind the desk and book appointments, manage schedules and pay roll. I find it unnecessary to me to know any personality problems
that is going around the salon, especially gossip.

There are a millions of rumors right now, since our salon got bought by a new owner, and we are under new management. So you can imagine, what the poor manager is having to go through battling the two-faced, professional catty woman, and gay divas who are confined in a room all day together.

 I am pretty much damned if I get involved, and damned if I don't
Either way, gossip and rumor, and attitudes are going to come my way
and I have to react, and by reacting to it, it will piss someone off
no matter how unbiased I am.

Then comes the problems,
where an employee doesn't hear me give them a welcoming Good morning
and calls me out on being rude and unfriendly to them,
then they create this huge malicious plot in their head out of their own guilty self conscious
that I might not be booking their clients properly, or messing up on their schedules.

it is aggravating!!!! grrrrr.
So they come check their schedule 200 times a day to make sure
I am doing my job, over a single UNHEARD hello in the morning
I'm sorry, I am doing my job, and my job is to book you guys
I want to make sure everyone is booked solid for the whole day
The salon being busy, means you are busy and it equals less drama
so why would I mess up on any of these drama-queens schedules?
I much rather see them busy and working, then sitting around
or even worst... standing behind me watching my computer screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment