Saturday, September 24, 2011

Moneyball

MONEYBALL
"The Art of Winning an Unfair Game"

I remember back in 2008
I was browsing through my local bookstore,
for a sports novel
One that really would interest me
and not bore me, in sports wording and statistics
All the sudden, I came across
MONEYBALL
by Michael M. Lewis,

It was based on the true story of Oakland's A's
general manager
[[BILLY BEANE]]

and his [unique] approach to baseball
(Analyze a players worth based on their stats)

I bought it, took it home, and couldn't put it down
until I read cover to cover
I remember finding the book to be very entertaining and enjoyable to read
both from the perspective of a sports fan and as a business book.
Billy Beane is a fascinating character as portrayed by Lewis' writing.  

And now, few years later
the movie MONEYBALL
starring Brad Pitt
as Billy Beane
is out on the big screen.

A guaranteed BOX OFFICE HIT

Here is your sneak peak:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment