Monday, September 5, 2011

Flat Water vs. Sparkling Water.

FLAT WATER

VS.

SPARKLING WATER


I admit, sometimes I neglect water, for days at a time
I tend to only drink water when I am thirsty
If I force myself to drink it when I am not thirsty
it doesn't go down smoothly, and I gag a little
So, my source of hydration would come from juices
or anything that is flavored like sports drinks,

But lately, I've been making a big effort to always drink a little bit of water
because water is like medicine, it can heal and prevent a lot of problems.

While in Belgium, I came to the assumption that is safe to assume
most people here loves to drink Sparkling water
aka carbonated water, club soda....bubbly water..
whatever you like to call it...
as opposed to drinking the good ole flat water.

Yuck, carbonated water to me, doesn't do it for me
I am much more low maintenance when it comes to my water
I like it flat, no lemon, and it can be from the tap.

But is Plain water healthier then sparkling?
Why do so many people in Europe prefer sparkling over flat?

Not only is the sparkling water, a lot pricier,
but also it isn't great if you are looking to quench your thirst fast.


It is rumored that carbonated water causes tooth enamel decay
because the bubbles can be acidic from the carbon dioxide. 
and it is also rumored that it can leach away calcium from your bones,
but that is all exaggerated rumors... so who really knows?

All I know is that my preference is flat water
but I can't help to wonder why so much people's
fixation with the expensive little bubbly water is.

I guess, regular water is boring for some...



No comments:

Post a Comment