Monday, September 5, 2011

Expect NOTHING


Sometimes we expect things out of the people closest to us,
I guess it is because we would be willing to do that much for them...
But I have learned we can't set expectation for others,
whether we expect them to "return the favor"
"be thankful"
"grateful"
"respectful"
whatever it is that you are giving them
you automatically expect it back
but when not given we fall 
into this stage of disappointment

But who are we really disappointed at?
is it them or at ourselves?
My mind likes to think THEM
but my heart knows I am disappointed at myself
for setting up a standard
and having expectation 
for someone else.

We can't control others,
what they do, say, or think, is only up to them
we are only responsible to control ourselves.
So to avoid disappointments
have no expectation
and just take what they give you.
It is who they are,
not who you are.

I can only expect myself to do things,
and be the person I want to be.

THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment