Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

"Over the Rainbow" (often referred to as "Somewhere Over the Rainbow") is a classic Academy Award-winning ballad song with music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg. It was written for the movie The Wizard of Oz, and was sung by Judy Garland in the movie.

Came across this picture online
and I just had to post it
and dedicate it to my boyfriend

We both love the classic and inspirational song
 "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
I am not a good singer,
but something came over me one day, that I suddently had the need and urge to sing to my boyfriend
while his head laid on my chest during a very tough time in his life.

Each and every word to the sing touched him so deeply in so many ways.
That even the sound of my terrible off pitch voice sounded beautiful to him at the time
And every since it has became our "pick-me up" song.
But he rathers hear the better version
rather than my own... lol
So here it goes baby...

LYRICS:
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment