Tuesday, April 26, 2011

POST (Easter) SURGERY

WHOA....
what a unforgettable Easter!

 

OUCH!!!

Easter morning started out lonely and sucky for me due to two very painful reasons:

1) it was almost over 24 hours of me feeling a terrible, and I mean terrible lower abdominal pain on my right side of my body.

2) My boyfriend was out of town, in Boston to be exact, at a pre-draft training facility, and he told me he would only make it back Tuesday 

As my morning went on, I rolled around in bed in absolute crucial pain, I searched the web to self-dignose myself.  I had came to a conclusion i was not constipated, nor was my bladder full, (which the pain was a feeling of "fullness) so my only other thought was..
 "Ahh haam I have a cyst in my ovary." so I laid there upset and in pain in the room alone.
Around 2pm... I hear the sound of a door opening, I turned around and it was my BOYFRIEND! Aaaahhh sneaky little him! He tricked me in beleiving he was only coming back on Tuesday, so he could surprise me! Aah yay I wasn't no longer alone anymore, and my pain felt a little better having him there to comfort me.

Around 4pm. We started getting ready to go over his family's house in Virginia for Easter dinner, his brother was just a couple minutes away from picking us up when I was self medicating myself so I could make it through the evening (or at least try too) so I kinda overdosed on the over the counter meds, bcuz I knew that if I did infact have an inflammation going on than 3 advils every 8 hours could help.

at 6pm We were all sitting around the dinner table, about to indulge in a great meal cooked by my mother-in-law.  Easter dinner at the boyfriend's family house was simplily amazing, as predictable. Delicious food around great company.  But I had the pain just wanting to explode from my body, so I excused myself and attempted to call my home doctor on his personal phone.

Being the great doctor he is, he answered and was able to speak to me and have me put pressure in different areas of my stomach and describe what I felt.

"Ding ding ding Appendicitis, you need to go to the emergency room and get a ultra sound now" says my doctor.




It was now 10pm: Although I have no insurance and no condition to pay for a medical bill especially one coming from an ER. I still followed what he said, my boyfriend excused ourselves from dinner and we were back in washington dc at the georgetown university hospital checking in at 10:30pm.

The hospital was empty, as in no patient no lines, just me and another family with a sick young girl. But still the amount of time waiting around to be even seen by a nurse was over 2 hours, not to mention I had the worst experience with my ER nurse.  She was just in a terrible mood, finally I had a cat-scan and at no surprise to me it was my appendix that was causing me all the pain.

Around 4am with my boyfriend by my side through everything, we were put in a room to rest before my scheduled surgery at 7am.

Pre-surgery I was tired, groggy, and on pain, post surgery I was all of the above except pain!

The anesthesia didn't wear off fast enough, I could barely keep my eyes open, It was a terrible post surgery feeling, I felt helpless, unable to move, and feeling a heavy discomfort in my bladder due to the fact I was retaining water and not going to the bathroom to dispose of it.

My boyfriend stayed with me at the hospital for a complete 24 hours.

 At 10pm on Monday he left to go down the street to our dorm room apartment and get some rest, while I stayed back In my uncomfy state of drowsiness.

Today; Tuesday day 3 at the hospital isn't so bad, I feel alot better, my cheeks are actually rosey again, I was able to use the bathroom on my own, and the pain medicine have been working great so I don't feel much of the pain in my incisions. My day time magnet nurse Emma was wonderful, and so was Pilar my overnight one, also a magnet nurse.

My mom is flying in to town today to help me with my recovery. And today I should be released from the hospital, so I will keep everyone updated!

Did I mention I hate surgeries an hospital and everything to do with the two of them,???

Aaaaahhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment