Monday, December 26, 2011

Quirky 'DAM



Quirky, creative, free spirited, and open minded
are the perfect words to describe this next city we visited.

AMSTERDAM.

Located in the Netherlands/Holland
Amsterdam was a little less than 2 hours drive from us.
(Since Belgium and Holland are neighboring countries)

Amsterdam is widely known for it's tolerance,
from the coffee shops that sells weed, 
to infamous (but yet famous) red light district


But that is not all Amsterdam has to offer.
It was my second time visiting this relaxed city.
And it never fails to amaze me.

This city is way too gorgeous to be stereotyped
Its canals is captivating,
there is history everywhere you look,
the museums are filled with Golden Age art
and the Vondelpark kinda magical.

The only thing I'd take away from this town,
is some of its bicycles.
(GAWDLYYY, I never seen so many)
Way too many cyclist wander the city in their bikes
Making it hard to maneuver without being cautious.

But besides that, Amsterdam was and always is a delight to visit.
It was my parents and my boyfriends first time in the freewheeling city
and they were beyond impressed by it.

In the summer time Amsterdam is home to endless parades and festivals
and in the winter time, all you got is my favorite..... the CHRISTMAS MARKET
lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment