Monday, December 26, 2011

Day trip to Ghent



Having my parents in town
motivates me into getting to know and visit the surrounding cities
And being that Belgium is such a small country
it was something that could be easily done
by a quick car ride.

The first road trip we did was to Ghent, also spelled Gent.
It is about 1 hour away from Antwerp, still in the Flemish part of the country
(Meaning their primary language is Dutch, not French)
and WOW! I was highly impressed by the city of Ghent.

I definitely overlooked this town before, 
being that is known as a city full of university students. (Ghent University).

 I was surprised and amazed that the resemblance to the popular city in Belgium called Brugge.

The city has remarkably preserved their medieval architecture.
It houses amazing churches, has a great shopping area,
and best of all, the canals wandering through the city
makes everything extra spectacular to look at.

And since it is Christmas time, my family and I had a chance to enjoy
a little bit of their Christmas market.

Ghent has definitely caught me off guard with its beauty,
and became a destination spot to take all my visitors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment