Monday, May 23, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!

Surprise Surprise.

I have the biggest mouth of all when it comes to surprises
I can never keep a good thing under wraps
even if its just for a short amount of time.
But this time I did an amazing job
keeping it a secret from EVERYONE
my plans to fly out to Washington DC
to be there for my boyfriends
graduation day.

It was a decision I had made long before I left Georgetown
I knew the day I would reunite with my love would be to watch
him walk across that stage and recieve his diploma.
So in my down time in Florida, I planned it out with his lovely mother

She offered to pick me up at the airport and
opened her home to me to stay for the weekend.
It was just what I was looking for to seal my plans
and have it
 CONFIRMED.

Keeping it away from my boyfriend and friends
was hard,
I admit there were times I almost let it slip out
Especially when I would be getting ready for the trip
and I would be interrupted by a phone call from him.

So to make long story short.
His mother and I did it.
We pulled off a great amazing surprise visit.

I arrived on Friday, a day before his graduation day
His mom located him getting a haircut at his favorite barbershop
So we sneaked over there....
and to his SURPRISE its ME walking through that door.

His immitiate reaction was priceless.
He had a blank look on his face
in disbelief of what was going on.

He quickly got up from the chair
grabbed my hand and walked me outside
so as to not make a scene in a busy barbershop
(not that the surprise didn't already cause a little commotion in the small shop)
asking me 1000 questions at once
and hugging me to make sure this was real.

It was an amazing weeekend,
The next day his family and I sat down
on Georgetown's front lawn infront of Healy Hall
and had the great opportunity to support him
for his hard work and acheivement.

It was an unforgetable time
I could not have missed it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment