Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It Happened Again



My home live has always been somewhat complicated
Growing up I had a pretty normal childhood
a big family you might say,
full of cousins, aunts, and very involved grandmothers
My parents also have always been very catering
Giving me everything my heart desired

But there is an awful twist to my happy home
I have a brother
A brother that I try hard to forget about
A brother I do not speak of
and refrain from seeing and getting too close
A brother that has lived with me for 18 years
but one that I have never gotten to know him

When I turned 18, I felt free for the first time
I was able to move out and have my own life
not be confined to share a home with this man I did not know
who holds a title so close to me
but we were like strangers
Moving out of my parents home
meant I could now hold a grudge against him
I did not have to pretend everything was okay
anymore.

You see....
I have a brother who beats me
For as long as I can remember
I have been beaten by him
to mild and severe fights
It has never been normal

He said I would provoke it
but anything that comes from me is provoking to him
the anger and hate he feels inside
manifests into a rage
and an episode of violence towards
Me and
ONLY ME.

Friends and Family has diagnosed his rage as jealousy.
The beating has gone far back since we were kids
and it has only became more and more serious
as we gotten older.

Every since middle school
he has locked himself in his room
only to come out to go to school or meals
He never presented to have any friends
whenever he sat on a table around family
he was obvious odd ball
He has never gottten in fights outside of the home
or with anyone but me
So its clear to me I am his person of choice
the one who is 3 years younger
and he has some type of control with

For the last 18 days I have lived back in my parents home
where he still resides in his dark, locked room
It had been over 4 years that I have not spoken to him
and 6 years that I had not lived under the same roof as him

And yesterday it happened again.
It was only a matter of time it would happen

And now all I can do is get over it
and wait for my wounds to heal
Dr. said it would take a few weeks

Note: funny thing is, the image above looks just like him,
minus all the tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment