Thursday, September 2, 2010

You Are My Sunshine




The night we first spoke.

You comforted me and

cradled me in your arms.

I was with all my best friends,

but you and I seemed to fit so perfectly.

Some say we took those first steps too quickly.

It wasn't love right away, but I was

intrigued by you and your

sense of warmth.


After nights similar to the first,

I began to think of you a lot.

If a weekend would pass without you in it,

it was incomplete.

I yearned for your touch

and the way you made my skin prickle.

My lips tingle in the thought of you now.


At the beginning, it was simply fun with you.

Innocent fun with no repercussions.

That is when I learned to love you.

I loved how you didn't have a plan or sense of direction.

You were spontaneous.

I was insecure and fragile, looking for someone,

something,

just like you.

You always bring out the best in me,

shows me that when we are together,

I mean something,

and I will always thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment