Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pain Can Make Us Doubt God

Reality is.... We all face the undeniable fact that people do suffer, we all suffer in this life. I guess that's a fact of life, there is no way to avoid suffering, you can find sickness, sorrow, and suffering in all walks of life. It's everywhere you look. This very moment you can probably think of someone very close to you who is suffering greatly, and it just doesn't seem fair. And you can't help to ask yourself

 "Why does God allow it to happen? Does God even care? If God is so good and holy, then why doesn't He put an end to all suffering and pain?"

 I can say that, because I have asked that exact question myself, in difficult situations in the past.

Pain can make us doubt God, this I know by first hand.  Last night my boyfriend and I went to Frontline Arlington Church for the Youth, and the sermon was about this.... Pastor said, even through the roughest time we must keep our eyes on Him anyway.  But.......Of course, this is easy to say and difficult to do. But now that my suffering has passed, I guess  I can definitely see what he means, and that is God use us in ways we do not suspect. Perhaps God allows us to experience pain, so that we might more easily and lovingly sympathize with those who are going through it.
"If you’re going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

The suffering and sorrow that you and I face today is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin. We suffer because we are sinners. Romans 6:23 says,

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment