Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homesick.



It has been over a year
and a lot has happened in 
these 12 months [[and counting]]

I've been to a lot of places
seen a lot of people
and experienced a lot of things

but I haven't been back to Brazil all this time
I left [[Brazil]] with intentions of coming back
I wasn't prepared for my life to take such a crazy but wonderful turn
I didn't say goodbye properly, I didn't pack my things
I am a year and a few months in of missing a small part of me

Although I am happy with the changes 
and the special someone God has put in my life
[[my wonderful boyfriend Julian]]
he is the reason I am where I am today
[[ a happy place ]]

but I just can't help missing my family and friends
and most of all....
 missing the chaotic but beautiful country I call home

Some days I just miss it so much
that it literally hurts me inside

Destiny placed me so far from home,
and although I can't complain about a thing
[[live has been good to me]]
I can't help the tears from running down 
when the words B R A Z I L 
comes across my mind.

I guess every one that is far from home
gets a little 
homesick sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment