Tuesday, March 15, 2011

LUSH; Handmade Cosmetics


 Today I went on a little jog around the nation's capital city (Washington D.C.) and while walking towards my destination area for jogging and working out, I stopped in one of the shops in Georgetown that has caught my eye in the past, but I never had time to walk in and check it out. The store name was LUSH. Lush is known worldwide (Originated in the U.K) but to me it was a new experience.  I seen it before, but I have walked in to a branch and educate myself on their products for my own LUSH experience. 


I was blown away at each and every item.  It was defenitely a wonderful experience, and their producuts are so interesting, colorful, and NATURAL! I walked out with a Butter Body Bar, that exfoliates, leaving your skin soft and moisturized with essential oils as well as exfoliated and also a banana, white hazel face masque.  Lush is bound to be one of my favorite stores, did I meantion it makes great/unique gifts?


The colors, the scent, the ingredients and the shapes of each product drawed me into it so much. The fact that some shampoo and conditioners were made out of SOLID forms, was worth purchasing it and trying it out. I was just delighted by the whole experience. and I encourage EVERYONE to try their products out.
 The best part is that they are environmentally and ethically conscious products. The products are ALL handmade with no animal testing and LUSH uses as little packaging as possible. The company has also rid its products of palm oil, which comes from trees in orangatan habitats. It's so hard to find reasonably priced ethical companies, so I'm excited about my new discovery!

"We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right."  -LUSH

* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.
For more info please go to http://www.lushusa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment