Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Aprreciate Warmth


We tend to never appreciate what we have, until it is gone.
And the same goes for our weather.
While touring Europe in the winter of 2009,
I experienced some really cold days in Germany.
that made me want to rush my trip to Europe to get back to
summer time in Brasil that feels like a hot hell.
Once back in Brasil, I had nights with no A/C
that I would toss and turn in bed, from the heat and warmth
and high temperatures of Brasil.
I couldn't take it, I felt like I was delusional,
dying from the heat
and tired from the sweat
had me
wishing for an ice bath,
and dreaming of a cold icy storm.
Well, I should've been more careful for what I wished for.
because this I spent winter of 2011
in Washington DC. USA
and boy oh boy
some days I cried from the coldness I felt.
my skin felt like it was
ripping away from dryness from the cold.
I lacked in warm clothes
and all I wanted to do is soak my body in the Atlantic ocean
and to feel sun burning my skin
and to sweat from the warmth of the air temperature.
I felt so cold, that I wished for extreme warmth.
Away from anything that makes my body shiver
So i guess we always appreciate
the opposite side of things.
Thank Goodness every year
we go through 4 seasons.
Spring,Summer,Fall Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment