Thursday, January 27, 2011

F Mother Nature


OH MY GOSH!
Last night was the worst snow storm I have witness
I have lived in cold places before,
like Eastern Michigan.
I have faced cold winter days in
Berlin, Germany.
But nothing compares to the heavy snow storm here in
Washington DC last night.
I was not here last year, when they broke records of
inches of snow.
But I am sure damn impressed at how bad it was last night
It started at 5pm.
It took people aproximatly 5 hours to drive 4 miles.
The traffic was bizzare.
that you would think that walking would be faster.
BUT NO!
My friends and I
had tickets to the basketball game
which is downtown and nowhere near walking distance
from Georgetown Univ.
so we decided to do what every student was doing
and that is taking the GU shuttle across Key Bridge to Rosslyn Metro Station.
After waiting in line (yes there was a line for the shuttle)
 in the snow storm for a seat space in the shuttle
we realize that 40 minutes goes by and inside the shuttle was starting to feel
like a human sauna but with NO oxygen!
We were only 1 block from where we departed the shuttle. (whaat?)
So a few students and I thought it would be wiser
and maybe faster to just walk the mile long to the metro statation
is Arlington VA
Well BAD MOVE on our part.
It was WET, SLIPPERY, WINDY, and VERY SNOWY
and we made it half way across the Key Bridge
and in pain, screaming, and laughing at each other
while umbrellas broke, and flew away,
Mother Natured seemed to be playing a joke on us
it just got worst and worst.
Soooo...
we decided to turn around.
Go home and watch it on TV.
That was the time I decided to invest on some
rainboots.
Which i always thought rain boots were useless.
Last night, I could not feel my feet, my socks were soaking wet
inside of my boots.
my feet was numb,
and the distance between CAMPUS and the METRO station
at that time was about the same.
We did not know wether to keep going, or turn around
but we knew
we couldnt make it far
or go through a game uncomfortable and cold.
AAAH
to SNOW
you almost killed me last night
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment