Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lueven; Belgium

A few entries back I was excited to announce that one of my closest friends was coming to Belgium to visit me during her Spring Break from Law School.  I was super happy to have my dear friend Danielle for 5 days in my home, and I wanted her to get as much out of this trip as we could in such a small amount of time.

I planned out a few "day trips" to the nearby cities, the first city we visited was Lueven, it was my first time in Lueven so I got to enjoy it just as much as she did.

Lueven is located in the Flemish region of Belgium, meaning their primary language is Dutch/Flemish, not French. Lueven is mostly known for a college town or like the local people like to call it "student city."  It is home to Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, the oldest Catholic university still in existence in the world and the biggest University in Belgium.

There was no doubt in our minds that Lueven was indeed a "student city" once we arrived.  There was hundreds if not thousands of students roaming around the city. Since this time of year there isn't many tourists visiting, the students really stood out to us, giving us a young, vibrant vibe to the city.

While in Lueven, Danielle and I got to see the famous and beautiful  Town Hall, St. Peter's Church,  the statue Fonske.....  and all the stunning buildings with beautiful architecture around it.




The rest of the cities I took her to were all cities I previously visited and blogged about in previous entries.
Such as Gent, Amsterdam, and of course she got to see my current city Antwerp in between it all :)

It is wonderful having friends and family visit, I really make it a priority to make sure everyone that comes to visit me has a wonderful time and leaves with a smile on their face, and living in Belgium makes it easy, it is a beautiful country, has everything to offer, we are surrounded by great cities to visit all in a close range.

No comments:

Post a Comment