Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CrossFit

I started a new adventure into CrossFit Training.  Everyone that reads my blog knows I love fitness. I might not be the most fit person in the world, but I love the feeling a good workout brings, so I am always up for a challenging workout and with over 3,000 affiliate CrossFit gyms worldwide, I am happy to say I recentely discovered one in my current town. CrossFit Antwerpen; has brought to me a different meaning to working out.



About CrossFit:

CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program defined as “constantly varied, functional movement, performed at high intensity."The goal of CrossFit is to improve fitness, which it defines as "work capacity across broad time and modal domains."

CrossFit claims that increases in work capacity will result in the greater general physical preparedness of CrossFit practitioners.

CrossFit combines weightlifting, sprinting, gymnastics, powerlifting, and rowing.

CrossFit contends that a person is as fit as they are proficient in each of ten general physical skills: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.

Workouts are typically short--20 minutes or less--and intense, demanding all-out physical exertion. Performance, such as the time required to complete a sequence of movements, is measured and recorded, both to facilitate competition between participants and to track individual progress.

So far I have attended a total of 8 CrossFit classes and in that small amount of time I have developed a love/hate relationship with CrossFit.  The type of training it involves is EXACTLY what I love to do, and what I been looking for, BUT it is hard, very hard, it pushes you beyond your limit, it becomes simply the longest and hardest 20 minutes of your life, but it is all in the name of fitness.

CrossFit Antwerpen has thought me strength, discipline, and motivation. The members of CrossFit is beyond encouraging, everyone is all about team work and dedication, just when I think about quitting a workout, there is someone, either a staff or a member, next to me telling me to "push push push" through the pain, or someone runs an extra lap just to keep me company, and that is motivation enough to keep going and make your team proud.

The running, the heavy lifting, the chin ups, oh god the BURPEES, all kills me, but in a good way, a way that I my body needs it.  Last night I did a total of 280 squats, you can only imagine how my legs feels this morning. But tomorrow there is more! I hate how much pain I feel during a workout, but I always go back for more, and every night I leave Crossfit more proud of myself, and in love with what this gym is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment