Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DEATH NOTE


My boyfriend recently introduced me to a Japanese anime series, and ever since the first episode, I have been obsessed with it.  I never been a fan of Japanese anime, or at least I never thought I was, until Death Note came along. 

Death Note

A series created by Tsugumi Ohba, where the main character is a high school student  named Light Yagami, and son of a crime investigator officer.  Light Yagami becomes the notorious KIRA (which in Japanese means Killer) after the discovers a supernatural and powerful notebook called "DEATH NOTE" that was dropped on Earth by a God of Death named Ryuk. 

The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face. The series centers around Light's attempt to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as "GOD" using the notebook and the efforts of a detective known as"L", to stop him........

Yesterday my boyfriend and I finished watching the last episode (boo hoo).  I have to admit each and every episode was just as suspenseful and exciting as the first and last, it is one of those shows where you are just addicted to it, and you must watch episodes back to back.  Death Note has no longer been playing on TV, but with the Internet made easy, everyone is able to look it up online and watch all 37 episodes of this amazing anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment