Sunday, November 6, 2011

No More Anger, Just Disappointment

"Friends...
How many of us have them...?
Friends...
The ones we can depend on...
Friends...."


They are not difficult to find...For God created us as social beings, but they are not easy to maintain

In my 25 years of life, I can comfortably say I had a ton of friends.  Many of those were what I like to call "seasonal friends" they came, and they left but a special few have stayed permanent.  Nevertheless, they all meant something to me.  Each and everyone have served a purpose in my life and left their mark. (negative or positive).

I am not going to stay I am a perfect friend or that I seek perfection out of my friends [[[Oh far from that]]] because in life some of the best memories are derived from making terribly wrong decisions with your friends by your side to laugh and get you through it.

But as woman, we gain and lose twice as much as friends then men....I get it, we are emotional creatures (Blame half of that on our period)... We have mood swings...We can be catty...We gossip a lot... We pick sides....We even sometimes judge people based on others opinion, and not our own, but at the end we are all searching for the same thing.  We are vulnerable and sensitive human beings looking for love, acceptance and a sense of belonging.

We not only want to strive to be the "IT" woman to ourselves, but we also want others to see us as that too,
(So we got two people to please, ourselves and others). But a friendship shouldn't be a competition. Real friends shouldn't care what purse you are wearing or how much your shoe cost, or how many parties you have RSVP to....So stop showcasing your "socialite skills, and expensive goods" to your friends. Real friends only care about your well-being, in friendship there shouldn't be leader and a follower.  Friends should walk side by side.

Sometimes, I reminisce on friendships I had in the past, some more important and significant then others
I CAN NOT say I have been a bad friend.  The friends I had were truly people I admired (and even looked up too, in some aspects of life) and was happy to be part in their lives but due to a falling out because of disagreements even betrayal you are forced to split ways

I know the people that are not in my life anymore has their own side of the story to why we are not friends
as I have mine, each side supporting and defending our own actions and character... But things gets easier with time and you must always remember there is no repairing a broken friendship.  And it is best  to say goodbye.

And after awhile of ignoring them, we get tired of being angry
and instead we feel sad,
We get reminded once in a while , 
why we are not talking in the first place

But....there comes a time in your life, 
where there is no more anger 
just DISAPPOINTMENT 
and for that that friendship can never be reconciled

And that is a sad truth!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment