Friday, November 11, 2011

MW3 Stole my Boyfriend


November 8th, 2011
Was the Release date of the popular video game
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3"
A happy and exciting day in the life of gamers
As they waited impatiently for this game to finally release
It was reported that 9 million people pre-ordered the game
in fear of not making to the store in time to buy it before it sells out.

But November 8th was also a day that girls, everywhere feared
as we knew we would lose our boyfriends to the game system and tv set
for hours, days and weeks at a time,
and if you are not careful, even months.

When November 8th came around,
my boyfriend, who is a killing machine addicted freak to this game
was playing a road game, all the way in Russia,
but that did not stop him from blowing up my phone
with requests for me to buy the game
He even suggested I should wait (maybe even camp) outside of 
'Dreamland' our local toy&game store

Obviously, he was a little delirious from all the flying around he did
if he thought I'd wait for a store to open, 
Let alone CAMP outside for a game I cannot stand.

I knew I was about to lose major quality time to this game,
but as the good girlfriend I am. 
I went to the store and made sure he got a copy of it.
I figured it was a lose lose situation for me
as he would have came home and bought it anyway,
[[Unless it was sold out, for weeks, there was NO avoiding this game]]
so I went ahead and bought it before he did
(made it seem like I got one of the few copies left, for extra cool points)
So I could win some brownie points

It was my only option...
I had to make a bad situation, somewhat beneficial for me,
and for that caring, and speedy gesture of mine,
he has his game, which he is addicted to playing every chance he gets
and I have my pretty pair of brand new heels,
that he was too busy to notice I bought due to the game
:)
I got to admit,
Video games can be good babysitter, boyfriend sitter
if you can tune out the loud shooting noises,
and the people talking through the game system
You're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment